Even for adults, a trip to the dentist can be frightening. The very idea of pain gushing during the dental procedure is one of the reasons adults avoid going to the dentist. Kids will find it even worse. This explains the need for a friendly, specialized doctor for your child.
Pediatric dentists provide child-friendly and gentle dental care to ensure that your child develops a positive view of the dentist and the dental office. They use calming techniques to help children who are anxious about going to the dentist. A pediatric dentist may seem enticing, but kids need an extra push to make it to the dentist.
In this article, a pediatric dentist at a top dental clinic in Medavakkam Chennai shares some fun tricks and tips for convincing your little one. Read here are more reasons why a pediatric dentist is a great choice for your child.
Pediatric Dentist: Why Is It Important To Have A Kid-Friendly Doctor?
Pediatric dentists use distraction and entertainment techniques to keep their patients entertained and engaged. They use small tools, explain what is going on during the procedure, and use familiar themes and cartoon characters to make the process more comfortable. Paediatric dentists also provide after-hours care for children who experience dental emergencies. A few hospitals also accommodate school and extracurricular activities.
As a matter of fact, parents often have difficulty choosing the right pediatric dentist for their children. Finding a kid-friendly pediatric dentist at the best dental clinic in Medavakkam is not hard if you follow these tips.
How to Find a Kid-Friendly Dentist?
When it comes to choosing a dentist, parents often tend to choose one who treats all family members. But kids might require specialized care as they might get quite distracted and uncomfortable once doctors begin examining their mouths. A pediatric dentist can do a great job here. They provide gentle and empathetic dental care to children from infancy through adolescence.
Pediatric dentists are comfortable with children and can divert their attention with amusing banter. They are also trained in calming techniques and can explain dental health in a fun and engaging way.
A pediatric dentist office is usually brightly coloured and decorated, which is great for kids. The waiting rooms are also filled with toys and games. Pediatric dentists are also well known for their friendly demeanour and are well-trained to provide advanced oral health care to children. In order to find the best pediatric dentist in your area, here are some useful tips.
Finding it difficult to find a dentist? Here are the four best ways to find a one
Ask your friends, family members, coworkers, and neighbours for recommendations to find a child-friendly dentist. If they have had a positive experience with their dentist, your child will also have a positive experience.
- Consult with your child’s doctor for recommendations on kid-friendly dentists. Your child’s doctor can recommend a dentist who will make your child feel comfortable and address any specific needs that your child may have.
- You can find a child-friendly dentist by using search engines on the internet. It is also possible to read online customer reviews to learn more about the dentist’s reputation. A dentist with a high number of positive reviews is likely to provide high-quality service.
- A dentist’s office is the best way to determine whether or not a dentist is truly child-friendly. A good kid-friendly dentist has bright, cheerful decor, stickers, and kid-appropriate toothbrushes.
- Bringing your child to the dentist will allow you to observe how the dentist interacts with your child.
Finding a dentist who is kid-friendly and makes your child feel comfortable is well worth the effort. Here is a very quick glance through 4 qualities that can make pediatric dentists kids friendly.
- Helps your child feel comfortable by telling tooth jokes and explaining procedures
- Enjoys working with children, singing songs, showing x-rays, and giving prizes after the appointment is completed.
- Should have a kid-friendly environment, children’s books, toys, tot-sized furniture, and a separate waiting area for children at their dentist’s office
- Should be able to contact you in an emergency outside normal business hours
On a final note:
Visiting a dentist may be a sign of a dental problem. Ensure that your child’s oral health is promptly taken care of before getting worse. Follow these guidelines to ensure good oral health.
- Teach them how to brush and floss properly
- Baby teeth begin to break through the gums around six months of age.
- Brush teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and once a day with a soft-bristle toothbrush once teeth have begun to erupt.
- As children grow older and more of their permanent teeth erupt, keeping them interested in their dental health is important.
- Brushing teeth twice a day for two minutes with fluoride toothpaste will help prevent cavities and strengthen teeth.
Children should floss between their teeth and wear a mouthguard when playing sports.